An Italian Festival will be held in Sea Isle City, a Seafood and Music Festival will take place in Wildwood and a Book Festival lands in Collingswood. See what other events are taking place this weekend.
In Gloucester Township:
- Gloucester Township is holding an Open Shred Day Event on Saturday, at 1729 Erial Road in Blackwood starting at 8 a.m. Local residents can bring bags and boxes of paper to be shredded. An experienced operator from ShredOne Security Corp. will move the bins to the mobile shredding unit where material will be destroyed.All 100 percent of the shredded paper is recycled, but only paper is accepted. No plastic bats of metal, including binders, bound books and binder clips can be taken, however, paper clips and staples are accepted. Only Gloucester Township residents can attend this event.
- On Saturday, Timber Creek High School, located at 501 Jarvis Rd, Erial, New Jersey 08081, will host an outdoor screening of “Jumanji” from 5 to 9 p.m.The movie will begin at dusk. Food trucks and games will also be available.Admission is free, but donations will be gratefully received to benefit JDRF.
Around South Jersey
- Camden County International Day returns to Voorhees Township this weekend. The annual event will take place on Saturday from 1 to 5 p.m. at Eastern Regional High School, located at 1401 Laurel Oak Road. This year’s event will include more than 70 local vendors and entertainment ensembles, all of which represent regional residents from a scope of backgrounds, ranging from the Pacific Islands to Pakistan. The Voorhees Cultural and Diversity Committee is hosting the event. Visit www.camdencounty.com/event/international-day for more information.
- Organic face paints, compressed natural gas trucks and T-shirts-turned-shopping-bags will soon occupy the Voorhees Town Center. This series of sustainable practices comprises Voorhees’ first annual Green Fair, taking place outside the center’s former Macy’s, on Sunday, Oct. 8 from noon to 3 p.m.
- There will be books aplenty in Collingswood this weekend. The 15th annual Collingswood Book Festival will take place along Haddon Avenue on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be tons of authors, booksellers and storytellers at this year’s festival. Guests can also enjoy poetry readings, workshops, exhibitors, activities and entertainment. The festival is free to attend. Visit www.collingswoodbookfestival.com for more information.
- Residents can check out some of the best photography from around town at the Croft Farm Arts Center on Saturday. The opening reception for the Fall Into the Arts Juried Photography Show will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. on Saturday night. Residents can meet the artists behind this year’s show. All pieces are available for sale. Awards will be given and light refreshments will be served. Admission is free. Visit www.cherryhill-nj.com/1078/Fall-into-the-Arts for more information.
- St. Mary’s Villa in Cherry Hill is hosting its Fall Fest on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event will include plenty of family friendly activities, including bands, bounce houses, face painting, a pumpkin patch, food trucks and more. Admission to the festival is free. St. Mary’s Villa is located at 210 St. Mary’s Drive.
At the Jersey Shore
- Celebrate Columbus Day early in Sea Isle City on Saturday. Sea Isle City will host its Italian Festival from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday. At 2 p.m., a Columbus Day Parade will be held starting in front of the Sea Isle City Italian American Club on JFK Boulevard and continuing to the location of the festival at Kix McNutleys on 63rd Street. The festival includes a vendors’ market, plenty of food, a cannoli eating contest, and more. For more information, visit www.visitsicnj.com/featured-event.
- Seafood and music lovers will want to be in Wildwood on Saturday. The Greater Wildwood Chamber of Commerce will host the Wildwoods Seafood and Music Festival from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. along Atlantic Avenue between Wildwood and Schellenger Avenues. The event includes live music, crafters, food vendors, kids activities and more. For more information, visit www.facebook.com/Wildwoods-Seafood-Music-Festival-250123278517950.
- Ocean City will be holding its Fall Block Party on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. along Asbury Avenue from 5th Street to 14th Street. The event will feature more than 400 crafters, food, vendors, music and more. The day will conclude with a fireworks display. For more information, visit www.oceancityvacation.com/chamber-members/events.html.
- All are welcome to Lancaster Avenue this weekend for the Lancaster Avenue Corridor Festival. The event will take place along Lancaster Avenue from 34th Street to 43rd Street from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The event will include special deals from local business, business development workshops, crafts for kids, a parade at noon, entertainment, sidewalk sales and more. The event is free to attend. For more information, visit https://la21phillyblog.wordpress.com.
- History buffs will want to check out the Revolutionary Germantown Festival on Saturday. The event takes place from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the National Park’s Germantown White House, 5442 Germantown Avenue in Philadelphia. Visitors can visit the Germantown White House for free and enjoy a slew of activities. The event will take place, rain or shine. For more information and a full list of activities, visit www.revolutionarygermantown.org.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com