The Haddonfield 65 Club will visit the American Revolutionary War Museum on Tuesday, Nov. 14.
The Haddonfield 65 Club will step back in time when the visit the American Revolutionary War Museum in Philadelphia on Tuesday, Nov. 14. Non-members are also invited to join.
The Club will depart at 10 a.m. on a yellow school bus from The Pub Restaurant located at 7600 Kaighns Ave. in Pennsauken. After an independent tour, the Club will return to The Pub, for lunch, where attendees can order from the lunch specials on the menu.
Trip highlights include:
• Introductory film highlighting the drama and reality of the Revolutionary War.
• High tech media, engaging films, digital interactives and hands-on experiences.
• Authentic objects that include manuscripts, artwork, weaponry and personal diaries.
• Personal stories of America’s founding generation including craftsmen, laborers, seamen, farmers, African Americans, women and native people.
• Immersive environments where visitors will stand beneath Boston’s Liberty Tree and read broadsides decrying British tyranny; witness the historic debate among the Oneida people in their decision to join the American Cause; climb aboard a privateer ship and experience the war at sea and enter the Battlefield Theater where the front line of war is brought to life.
The all inclusive price including transportation, museum admission and lunch at The Pub (gratuity included) is $33 per person.
Tickets are limited, so reserve your space, please send your check, made out to the Haddonfield Club to: 110 Rhoads Ave. Haddonfield NJ, 08033. Checks should be made out Attention Bill Brown, including your phone number on the check. Deadline for reservations is Oct. 31.