Enjoy a family festival in Wildwood on Sunday.
Labor Day weekend is here and there is no shortage of events taking place across the region. From 5K runs to end of the summer festivals, check out what’s on tap for this weekend.
In the Pinelands
- Take a 3 hour trip down the Mullica River from Atsion Lake dam to Beaver Dam with guide and naturalist John Volpa. Participants will get a Pine Barrens Primer by exploring the river for an overview of Pine Barrens habitats, history and plants and animals. The event is $55 per person (includes canoe or kayak), $45 per person (bring your own canoe or kayak). Ages 8 and up. Participants will meet at Pinelands Adventures at 1005 Atsion Road in Shamong. For more information, call 609–268–0189 or visit pinelandsadventures.org.
- ShopRite of Medford invites the community to run or walk into the Labor Day holiday for a good cause. The store will host its third annual Stamp Out Hunger 5K and 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 4, at 8:30 a.m. All race proceeds benefit ShopRite’s Partners in Caring Program, which assists local food pantries, shelters, after-school programs and other efforts that aid individuals in need of food. Sign up for the Stamp Out Hunger 5K and 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk at here. The race will begin at the Medford Municipal Building at 91 Union Street in Medford. Entry fees are $25 for the 5K and $10 for the 1-miler with preregistration by Sept. 2. Two or more individuals can register as a group/team for a small discount. Day-of registration begins at 7 a.m. with a fee increase of $5. T-shirts are guaranteed for all participants pre-registered by Aug. 24, and the first 200 individuals to sign up get a drawstring bag with perks inside.
Around South Jersey
- Kids can dash back into the school year in Cinnaminson on Monday. The 2017 Rock ’n’ Roll Run Back to School will take place at St. Charles Borromeo School, 2500 Branch Pike in Cinnaminson, beginning at 9:15 a.m. Participants of all ages are invited to participate in the 5K run and walk at 9:15 a.m., the tots dash at 10 a.m. or the one-mile fun run and walk at 10:15 a.m. Registration opens at 7:30 a.m. The cost is $20 for the 5K run and walk, $15 for the one-mile fun run and walk and $10 for the tots dash. Visit www.runbacktoschool.com for more information.
- Another 5K will be taking place in Medford on Monday to benefit a good cause. ShopRite-‘s Partner in Caring 5K Race to Stamp Out Hunger will begin at 91 Union Street in Medford at 8:30 a.m. The certified course will take runners throughout historic Medford. There will also be a one mile fun run and walk. The cost to participate is $25 for the 5K and $10 for the one-mile run and walk. Proceeds will benefit ShopRite Partners in caring. Visit https://runsignup.com/Race/NJ/Medford/ShopRitesPartnersInCaring5kRacetoStampOutHunger to register.
At the Jersey Shore
- Wildwood plans to wrap up the summer with a huge family festival on Sunday. The Wildwood Block Party and Music Festival will take place at Fox Park, located at Ocean Avenue between Montgomery and Burk Avenues, from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Sunday. This festival will include crafts, games, rides, food and continuous free entertainment throughout the date. Admission to the festival is free. Visit http://wildwoodnj.org/wp/?p=7336 for a full list of scheduled entertainment.
- Runners will converge on Ocean City Monday for the Ocean City Labor Day Race. The five-mile run and one-mile run and walk will take place at the 23rd Street beach, with registration opening at 7:30 a.m. The cost to race is $25 for adults and $10 for kids 14 and under. Proceeds will benefit Ocean City Recreation Scholarships and Programs. Those who pre-register by Sept. 3 will receive a free t-shirt. The five-mile run begins at 9 a.m., with the one-mile walk and run starting immediately after. Visit www.ocnj.us for more information and to register.
- Cap off the summer with a day full of activities at Penn’s Landing on Sunday… Activities will include the second-to-last day of RiverRink SummerFest, the Blue Corn Organic and Green Festival from noon to 4 p.m. and a performance from the U.S. Army Band Downrange at 8 p.m. The day will wrap up with fireworks at 9:30 p.m. For a full list of activities taking place at Penn’s Landing this weekend, visit www.delawareriverwaterfront.com/footer/blue-cross-riverrink-winterfest/events/delaware-river-waterfront-labor-day-weekend-celebration.
- The fifth annual Philadelphia Pagan Pride Day will take place on Saturday. The event will be held at Clark Park, 4301 Chester Avenue in Philadelphia, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The festival will feature a variety of workshops and discussions on religious and cultural aspects from various traditions. There will also be more than 40 vendors, entertainment and children’s programming. Entry to the festival is free, but visitors are asked to donate canned food and other items to the Food Bank at the Mazzoni Center, Forgotten Cats and In-Reach Heathen Prison Services. For more information, visit www.philadelphiapaganpride.org.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.