See what’s going on locally and in the region this weekend.
Kids can try to be a master angler in a fishing competition in Ocean City this weekend, while adults can try out mountain biking at a clinic in Evesham Twp. Find out what other events are taking place around the region.
In Mt. Laurel
Kids and teens in grades five through 12 can can community service hours at the Mt. Laurel Library on Saturday from noon to 2 p.m. while making cards, coloring, and writing letters that will be distributed to children’s hospitals, nursing homes and members of the military. The library will provide all materials, and no registration is required.
Around South Jersey
- The 12th annual Collingswood Crafts and Fine Arts Festival will take over downtown Collingswood this weekend. The festival will be open on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., rain or shine. More than 160 craft and fine artists will display their latest work at the event. There will also be live music, family activities and more. For more information on the event, visit www.collingswood.com/arts/crafts-and-fine-arts-festival.
- Learn the basics of mountain biking at the Black Run Preserve in Evesham Township. The Jersey Off Road Bicycling Association is holding its Mountain Bike Skills Clinic from 9 a.m. to noon at the preserve, located off of Kettle Run Road, near the Braddock Mill intersection. The clinic focuses on the fundamentals of mountain biking, including basic bike set-up, rudimentary riding techniques including climbing, descending, cornering, braking and shifting, plus trail essentials bike repairs, etiquette and equipment selection. The clinic is free to attend. To RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (856) 470–8967.
- Saturday is the last chance for locals to try out Yoga in the Park at Cherry Hill Township’s Barclay Farmstead. The final yoga session of the summer will take place from 8 to 9 a.m. on the grounds of the farmstead. The session is free to participate in. Participants must bring their own mat and water. To sign up, visit https://register.capturepoint.com/cherryhill.
- Locals can also get their car washed and raise money for a good cause in Cherry Hill on Sunday. A fundraiser for Samost Jewish Family and Children’s Service’s SAIL program will be held from 10 a.m. to noon in the parking lot of the Jewish Federation Commons building, 1721 Springdale Road in Cherry Hill. The cost of the car wash is $10, with proceeds going toward the SAIL program. Email Kim Leibovitz at email@example.com for more information.
At the Jersey Shore
- Kids can try and snag the catch of the day at Ocean City’s Boys and Girls Fishing Tournament on Saturday. The tournament will take place on the north end beach at the Ocean City-Longport Bridge from 10 a.m. to noon, with registration beginning at 9 a.m. Kids ages 8 to 16 are invited to try and win a variety of prizes and trophies. The event is free to participle in. Call (609) 814–0216 for more information.
- Crafters will take over the boardwalk in Wildwood this weekend. Wildwood’s Boardwalk Craft Show will be open from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday at the boardwalk near Rio Grande Avenue. Shoppers can check out a variety of handmade products from dozens of crafters. The event is free to attend and parking is available. Visit https://boardwalkcrafts.com/ for more information.
- The Philadelphia Caribbean Festival will take over Great Plaza at Penn’s Landing on Sunday. The festival will be open from noon to 8 p.m. and will feature music, live entertainment, food, shopping and more. Fourteen Caribbean countries will be represented at this year’s festival. The festival is free to attend and part of the 2017 PECO Multicultural Festival Series. Visit www.delawareriverwaterfront.com/events/peco-multicultural-festival-series9 for more information.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.