Residents can enjoy South Jersey Summer MadeFest in nearby Berlin or catch some live music in Philadelphia.
Summer rolls on this weekend with festivals taking place everywhere from Philadelphia to Tuckerton. Check out which activities families can enjoy around the region on Saturday and Sunday.
· Residents can lend a helping hand at New Brooklyn Park on New Brooklyn-Erial Road in Sicklerville on Saturday. South Jersey Land and Water Trust will be holding a clean-up of the park throughout the day. The group will meet at the playground parking lot. Gloves, bags and grabbers will be provided. This event is free to attend. To RSVP, email MHogan@SJLandWater.org.
Around South Jersey
- Numerous vendors will be featured in Berlin on Sunday at the South Jersey Summer MadeFest. (The event was previously scheduled for Saturday.) The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Long-A-Coming Depot, 65 Washington Avenue, in Berlin. The event will include jewelry makers, clothing designers, candle and soap makers, ceramics, a henna tattoo artist and live art. Visitors can also enjoy some food from Oink & Moo BBQ. For more information, visit the event’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/events/403751876691362.
- World War II Victory Day will be celebrated on the Battleship New Jersey Saturday. Guests can meet World War II re-enagooctors, check out artifacts from the war and enjoy 1940s-era music. All activities are free with the purchase of a battleship tour. Tickets are $21.95 for adults and $17 for kids, seniors and veterans. Visit www.battleshipnewjersey.org/event/wwii-victory-day-battleship/?instance_id=117 for more information.
At the Jersey Shore
- The Truckerton Food Truck and Brew Fest rolls into Tuckerton this weekend. The festival will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Saturday and 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday at the Tuckerton Seaport, located 120 West Main Street in Tuckerton. More than a dozen food trucks will be in attendance. Visitors can enjoy a quick bite while listening to live music. Admission is $10 for adults and is free for Seaport members and kids 5 and under. Visit www.tuckertonseaport.org for more information.
- Visitors can browse through items from numerous vendors at the Cape May Promenade Craft Show. The event will take place along the Cape May boardwalk from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Dozens of crafters will offer jewelry, leather good, fashion accessories and more. For more information, visit www.discovercapemaynj.com/events/promenade-craft-show-2.
- Music lovers will want to be in Philadelphia this weekend for the 11th annual Jazz on the Ave. Music Festival. The festival will take place from noon to 8:30 p.m. at Broad Street and Cecil B. Moore Avenue in Philadelphia. There will be numerous performers throughout the day on two stages. Families can also enjoy face painting, clay sculpting, rock climbing, health and wellness screenings and more. Food and craft vendors will also be on hand. The festival is free to attend. The rain date is Sunday. Visit www.jazzontheavephilly.com for more information.
- Philadelphia’s only vegan celebration will take place on Sunday at Sugarhouse Casino. The Philly S.E.E.D. Festival will be on open from 3 to 6 p.m. at the Sugarhouse Casino event center. For a $30 admission ticket, guests can enjoy three hours of vegan food and beer samples. There will also be a vegan marketplace. The event is only open to adults 21 and older. Twenty percent of each admission ticket will benefit The Humane League of Philadelphia. For more information, visit https://phillyseed.com.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.