Be sure to get out this weekend and enjoy some top events around the Delaware Valley.
This weekend’s events include peaches in Hammonton, Frisbees in wildwood and dancing in Philadelphia. Don’t have any plans yet? Check out what’s going on around the region on Saturday and Sunday.
Around South Jersey
- The Gloucester County 4-H Fair returns to the fairgrounds in Mullica Hill this weekend. The fair kicked off Thursday and will run through Sunday. Visitors can participate in a variety of activities, view displays, enjoy a pony ride, watch a K-9 demonstration, listen to live music and more. The fairgrounds are located at 275 Bridgeton Pike in Mullica Hill. For more information and a full list of activities, visit http://gloucester.njaes.rutgers.edu/4hfair.
- There will be peaches galore in downtown Hammonton this weekend as the town hosts its fifth annual Peach Party on Saturday. The event takes place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Vine Street parking lot across from Eagle Theatre. The event includes peach-themed activities, peach-inspired foods, a visit from Peach Queens past and present, live music, giveaways and more. Visit https://www.downtownhammonton.com/events for more information.
At the Jersey Shore
- If you’re visiting Wildwood this weekend, be sure to check out the largest beach Frisbee tournament in the world. More than 400 teams will be in Wildwood this weekend for the town’s Ultimate Frisbee Tournament. This is a 4-on-4 team competition for adult players of all levels. Games will take place on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on the beach between Oak and Rio Grande Avenues. The games are free to watch for spectators. Visit www.WildwoodUltimate.com for more information.
- Historic Cold Spring Village in Cape May will be hosting Hands-On History all weekend. At this special event, children will be given a “pastport” and can get it stamped after completing crafts and activities. The village is open from 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Admission is $12 for adults and $10 for ages 3 to 12. Visit www.hcsv.org for more information.
- There will be plenty of classic cars in East Passyunk this weekend as the 12th annual East Passyunk Car Show and Street Festival takes place on Sunday. The festival will be open along East Passyunk Avenue from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and includes more than 140 antique, show, classic and custom vehicles, as well as live music, activities for kids, food and more. The event is free for attendees. Visit http://www.visiteastpassyunk.com/events/2017-car-show-and-street-festival.php for more information.
- Philadelphia Dance Day is Saturday and there will be chances for dancers of all ages to get in on the fun. Workshops and performances will be taking place at multiple locations in the city all day Saturday. All of the workshops are free and no pre-registration is required. For a full list of workshops, visit https://philadelphiadanceday.com.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.