Find out what events are taking place around the region this weekend.
Christmas-themed events will be taking place in a couple different locations this weekend, while visitors in Ocean City can enjoy the sights and sounds of Night in Venice. Check out what other activities are taking place this weekend.
- Celebrate Christmas in July this weekend at the Burlington County Farmers Market in Moorestown. The market will hold its Christmas in July event on Saturday at the Burlington County Agricultural Center, 500 Centerton Road in Moorestown. The event includes live music from Adelante and a cooking demo at 10 a.m. by Tea for All. Visitors are asked to bring an unwrapped gift to donate to the Marine Corps Toy Drive. The market is open from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Visit www.burlcoagcenter.com/events/christmas-in-july for more information.
Around South Jersey
- Winslow Township will host its annual Family Day on Saturday at New Brooklyn Park, 100 Erial Road in Sicklerville. The event will take place from 2 to 8 p.m. and includes live entertainment, activities for children, food vendors, health screenings, giveaways and more. Community organizations and the local police, EMS and fire departments will also be on hand. The event is free to attend. Visit http://winslowfamilyday.weebly.com for more information.
At the Jersey Shore
- One of Ocean City’s biggest events of the summer is taking place on Saturday evening. The 63rd annual Night in Venice boat parade will sail down the Ocean City bayfront beginning at 6 p.m. This year’s theme will be “Rockin’ Through the Decades.” Thousands of spectators can watch decorated watercraft cruise down the bay and check out some of the decorated bayfront homes. Other activities are also taking place throughout the weekend. Visit www.ocnj.us/niv for more information.
- Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus will be vacationing down the Jersey Shore beginning on Sunday. From Sunday through Friday, Santa and Mrs. Claus will be making appearances all around Stone Harbor. On Sunday, Santa can be found on the beach as well as at four different locations in town. Kids can drop off their letter to Santa at Nesting, 9504 3rd Avenue, in Stone Harbor. To see Santa’s full schedule on Sunday, visit www.stoneharborbeach.com.
- The 25th annual Islamic Heritage Festival is coming to Penn’s Landing this weekend. The festival will be open on Saturday from 2 to 8 p.m. There will be live music, jewelry and clothing vendors, an exciting fashion show featuring Muslim designers and plenty of food. The festival will be preceded by a parade at 10 a.m. that will start at 5th and Market Streets and travel down to Penn’s Landing. The Islamic Cultural Preservation and Information Council will host all of the activities. Visit http://festival.icpic.co for more information.
- There will be plenty of tattoos at the Independence Seaport Museum on South Columbus Boulevard this weekend. The museum will host the fourth annual Warship Olympia Tattoo Arts Convention on both Saturday and Sunday. More than 100 tattooers will be set up on the decks of the Olympia. The convention is open from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are $20 per day or $40 for the entire weekend. Visit www.phillyseaport.org for more information.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.