Whether you enjoy the fine arts, or being down at the beach, there are events for everyone!
Independence Day may be over, but summer fun is just beginning. There are a number of fun activities and festival taking place all around the area. Check out which activities are taking place this weekend.
Around South Jersey
- The 25th annual Haddonfield Crafts and Fine Arts Festival will take over the downtown area of the borough this weekend. The festival will be open along Kings Highway and Tanner Street on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. Artisans will exhibit a wide range of arts and crafts, including ceramics, glass, jewelry, wood, fiber, metal, paper, drawings, paintings, photography, and wearable art. Admission to the festival is free. The event will take place, rain or shine. For more information, visit www.downtownhaddonfield.com or www.renaissancecraftables.com.
- Take a trip back in time in Medford Township on Sunday at Country Day. The event takes place from noon to 4 p.m. at Kirby’s Mill, 275 Church Road in Medford. There will be a variety of demonstrations, including a presentation of a Civil War camp, black powder rifle demonstrations, demonstrations in the blacksmith shop and more. The event is free and open to the public. Visit www.medfordhistory.org/events/countryday/index.html for more information.
At the Jersey Shore
- See some of the best sand sculptors in the region show off their work and create your own masterpiece at the fifth annual Wildwood Crest Sand Sculpting Festival on Saturday. The event will take place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on the beach next to the Wildwood Crest Beach Pier. Guests are invited to compete in an amateur sand sculpting contest and enjoy music, games and other activities on the beach. The rain date is Sunday. Registration is free and begins on site at 9 a.m. Visit http://visitwildwoodcrest.com/2017/07/5th-annual-crest-sand-sculpting-festival-saturday.html for more information.
- Taste some delicious barbecue and enjoy some good tunes in North Wildwood this weekend at the New Jersey State Barbeque Championship and Blues Festival. The festival will take place at 201 New Jersey Avenue and the surrounding area in North Wildwood from 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday. There will be plenty of barbecue food, a full slate of entertainment, cooking demonstrations, special displays and more. Admission is free. Visit www.njbbq.com for more information.
- There will be pets galore in Chestnut Hill on Sunday for the fourth annual Petapalooza. The event will take place at Germantown and East Highland avenues in Philadelphia from noon to 3 p.m. There will dozens of activities, including a doggie pool, paw reader, pet caricaturist, dog training exhibitions, pet service providers and more. Admission is free. Visit https://chestnuthillpa.com/events/fourth-annual-petapalooza for more information.
- The Hispanic Fiesta will take place all weekend at Penn’s Landing. The festival is open from 2 to 8 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday and will feature music, entertainment, crafts and food from a variety of Latin American countries. Admission to the event is free. Visit www.delawareriverwaterfront.com/events/peco-multicultural-festival-series9for more information.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.