Discover art festivals, medieval history and more throughout the region this weekend
Art festivals are taking place everywhere from Philadelphia to Medford this weekend, while residents who enjoy Medieval history can step back in time in Bordentown. Check out what other events are taking place around the region this weekend.
- The Voorhees Branch Library will host a book sale from 2 to 4 p.m. on Saturday, June 10. Browse books and bring home some new favorites! Learn more at www.camdencountylibrary.org.
- Join Voorhees Girl Scout Troop 30181 at the grand opening of a new Story Walk around the playground at Connolly Park. The walk was created to promote exercise and literacy and features the children’s book “If You Give A Pig A Pancake” by Laura Numeroff.
Around South Jersey
- Residents can bring their four-legged friends to the Katz JCC on Sunday for the JCC’s second annual Pet Expo. The event will take place on the JCC’s field from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. and will include local animal welfare organizations, pet-related businesses, community organizations, doga (yoga for dogs), a pet-friendly obstacle course and activities for kids. The Cherry Hill Police Department’s K-9 unit will be on hand as well. The event is free and open to the public. For more information, visit www.katzjcc.org/pets.
- Cherry Hill Township’s 2017 Yoga in the Park series will begin this week. Yoga in the Park will take place on Saturday from 8 to 9 a.m. at Barclay Farmstead. Participants are asked to bring their own mat and water. The event is free, but pre-registration is requested. To pre-register, visit https://register.communitypass.net/cherryhill.
- The Medford Business Association is hosting its annual Art, Wine and Music Festival and Classic Car Show on Sunday. The event will take place along Main Street in Medford Township from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. The festival will include local bands, arts and crafts booths, food, craft beer, wine and more. The Medford Lakes Corvette Club will line up more than 100 classic and show cars along Main Street. The event is free to attend. There is a $10 fee for win sampling. The festival will take place, rain or shine. For more information, visit www.medfordbusiness.org.
- This weekend is the last chance to check out the 2017 New Jersey Renaissance Faire. The fair will be open on Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., rain or shine, at Liberty Lake Day Camp, 1195 Florence Columbus Road, in Bordentown. There will entertainment galore, including sword fighting, fire eating, jousting between actual knights, circus performances and more. Visitors can purchase hand crafted cloth and items and snack on food such as giant pickles and turkey legs. Single day passes are $25 for adults and $15 for children. Visit http://njrenfaire.com to purchase tickets or for more information.
At the Jersey Shore
- On Sunday, music and the arts will take over Ventnor City for Ventnor’s PorchFest 2017. The event will take place along front porches in town and will feature more than 40 musicians and 30 artists. Maps of the porches and performers will be available the day of the event. The event is free to attend. Visit www.amazingventnor.com for more information.
- Paddleboards will be taking to the water around Absecon Island on Saturday in the 10th annual Paddle for a Cause. The event will begin at 8 a.m. at the Frank S. Farley State Marina in Atlantic City. The day begins with a 22.5-mile race, with eight and four-mile fun paddles to follow. Money raised by the participants will go to the Dean Randazzo Cancer Foundation. An after party and awards ceremony will be held at The Deck at Golden Nugget at 4 p.m. Tickets to the after party are $25. For more information, visit http://thedrcf.com/curexa-pharmacy-presents-10th-annual-paddle-for-a-cause.
- Historic Strawberry Mansion’s annual Strawberry Festival returns on Saturday. The ninth annual festival will take place from noon to 2 p.m. at Strawberry Mansion, 2450 Strawberry Mansion Drive in Philadelphia. Visitors can pick strawberries and enjoy free tours of the mansion. There will also be crafts and games, food, a plant sale and more. The event is free to attend. Visit www.historicstrawberrymansion.org for more information.
- The third annual Plein Air Competition will take over Germantown Avenue on Saturday. The event takes place from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and includes dozens of artists creating works of art and competing for prizes along Germantown Avenue. The event also includes arts and crafts, face painting and live music for the whole family. The event is free to attend. The rain date is Sunday. Visit https://chestnuthillpa.com/events/plein-air-call-for-entries for more information.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.