Washington Township’s Memorial Day ceremony will be held on Monday in Veteran’s Park.
Residents will have plenty of opportunities to celebrate Memorial Day this weekend with a slew of ceremonies taking place across the region. Check out which communities will be hosting holiday events.
In Washington Township
- Washington Twp. will host its Memorial Day ceremony on Monday at Veteran’s Park, next to the Washington Twp. Police Station and Washington Twp. High School. The ceremony begins at 11 a.m. and includes a keynote speaker and music from the Washington Township High School Wind Ensemble. All are invited to attend the ceremony. For more information, visit www.twp.washington.nj.us.
Around South Jersey
- Medford Township will hold a Memorial Day Parade on Monday beginning at 11 a.m. The parade will begin at Medford Memorial Middle School and continue to the veterans’ memorials just off of Main Street, where a ceremony will be held. Parade participants include members of the VFW Post №7677, the Shawnee High School Marching Band, the Medford Police Department, Medford EMS, the Union and Taunton Fire Companies, the Civil Air Patrol-Air Victory Museum Composite Squadron and Medford Masonic Lodge №178. Visit www.medfordtownship.com for more information.
- Residents can celebrate Memorial Day on Monday at the Cherry Hill Township municipal complex. The township will be holding its annual Memorial Day ceremony beginning at 10:45 a.m. The ceremony will include a keynote speaker, a musical tribute to the Armed Forces and a flyover featuring two F-16 jets. A barbeque lunch from ShopRite Supermarkets of Cherry Hill will follow the ceremony. The event is free and open to the public. Visit www.cherryhill-nj.com for more information.
At the Jersey Shore
- Kites of all shapes and sizes will fly into Wildwood this weekend for the Wildwoods International Kite Festival. The largest kite festival in North America will take place from Friday through Monday. Activities will include a stunt kite competition each morning at 9 a.m. on the beach, exhibits, workshops and an indoor kite flying competition at 11 a.m. on Monday, Visit www.skyfestivals.com for more information and a full schedule of activities.
- Cape May will host its Memorial Day ceremony on Monday at its All Wars Monument on Columbia Avenue beginning at 9 a.m. A wreath laying will take place prior to the ceremony. After the ceremony, at 11:45 a.m., there will be a rifle salute and launching of the flower boat from Gurney Street Beach. Visit www.discovercapemaynj.com/events/memorial-day-ceremony-1 for more information.
- Spirit of Philadelphia and Delaware River Waterfront partners are teaming up to host the first ever Penn’s Landing Waterfront Day on Sunday. Activities include a rooftop beer garden from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m., discounted admission to the BlueCross RiverRink Summerfest, and Memorial Day fireworks to cap off the day. Activities are pay as you go. For more details, visit www.spiritcruises.com/philadelphia/cruises/specialty/waterfront-day?loc=feat&1.
- Celebrate Memorial Day at the site of the first observance in Philadelphia. On Monday, a traditional Decoration Day of the Grand Army Meade Post №1 will be held at Laurel Hill Cemetery, located at 3822 Ridge Avenue in Philadelphia. A traditional service honoring veterans who died while serving in the U.S. military will be held beginning at noon. The ceremony will include a wreath-laying, speeches and honor guards. Complimentary refreshments will be served following the ceremony. The event is free to attend. For more information, visit https://thelaurelhillcemetery.org.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.