The checkpoint is in coordination with the Camden County Prosecutors Office and will go until early Saturday morning, May 27
On Friday, May 26 through early Saturday morning, May 27, the Gloucester Township Police Department, in coordination with the Camden County Prosecutors Office, will be conducting a DWI Sobriety Checkpoint in Gloucester Township as part of New Jersey’s Summer traffic safety campaign.
Statistics provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show that over 10,000 people die in alcohol-impaired crashes each year.
Gloucester Township Police recommends the following easy steps for a safe summer:
• Remember that buzzed driving is drunk driving
• Before drinking, designate a sober driver and leave car keys at home
• If impaired, use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member or use public transportation
• If there is a drunk driver on the road, don’t hesitate to contact local law enforcement
• If someone is about to drive or ride while impaired, take their keys and help them make other arrangements to get to where they are going safely
Let us all work together to make it a safe weekend for everyone.