Check out what’s going on in the local area and around the Philadelphia region.
There are plenty of activities for all members of the family to enjoy this Mother’s Day weekend. Check out what’s going on around the Philadelphia region.
- Flexible locals can stop by the Evesham Library on Saturday morning, May 13, for the library’s “Refresh & Renew Yoga” program for adults and teens. Starting at 11 a.m., locals can begin energizing, stretching and relaxing their bodies. The one-hour yoga class is for adults and teens ages 13 and up. Visitors are asked to bring a mat or towel and a bottle of water and wear comfortable clothing. To register, visit http://www.bcls.lib.nj.us/evesham.
Around South Jersey
- On Saturday, the Riverton Yacht Club will celebrate the last remaining steamboat landing on the Delaware River at “A Time of Discovery Festival. The event will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Riverton Yacht Club. The event will feature sailboat races, tours of the historic clubhouse, interactive exhibits, arts and crafts, music, food and more. Admission is free, but donations are encouraged. For more information, visit www.rivertonsteamboatlanding.org/index.html.
- On Saturday, Navy Federal Credit Union in Cherry Hill will host its first shredding event of the year. The event takes place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. All residents are permitted to bring up to four 12-inch by 24-inch boxes of paper and documents to the Cherry Hill Navy Federal Credit Union branch for disposal. Shredding will end once the trucks are full. For more information, visit www.navyfederal.org/shred.
- History buffs can take a tour of the birthplace of Alice Paul this weekend. Paulsdale, located at 128 Hooten Road in Mt. Laurel, will be open for tours on Saturday from noon to 2 p.m. Visitors can watch a 15-minute presentation on the life of Alice Paul and tour the house where she grew up in. The cost is $5 per person. Anyone with questions can contact Krista Niles at firstname.lastname@example.org or (856) 231–1885.
At the Jersey Shore
- The Marine Mammal Standing Center in Brigantine is hosting Run for the Animals on Saturday beginning at 9 a.m. The race kicks off at the Laguna Grill and Rum Bar, 1400 Ocean Avenue, in Brigantine. Packet pickup for this 5K race begins at 7:30 p.m. The entry fee for runners is $20. For $30, runners will receive a free shirt. There will be a buffet at Laguna Grill following the race. Proceeds will go to The Marine Mammal Standing Center. To sign up, visit https://runsignup.com/Race/NJ/Brigantine/MMSCRunfortheAnimals.
- Shoppers can find some bargains on Saturday as Sea Isle City hosts its citywide yard sale. Local residents will be offering items up for sale at locations all around town. A list of addresses will be made available on Friday prior to the sale. Visit www.seaislechamber.com for more information.
- For the first time this year, the Philadelphia Renaissance Faire will be held at Fort Mifflin. The 2017 fair will be open on Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. There will be dozens of performers, vendors, actors and more. Tickets are $20 for adults and $15 for children. For a full schedule of events and more information, visit www.phillyrenfaire.com.
- The Spirit of Philadelphia will be hosting special Mother’s Day cruises on Sunday along the Delaware River. There will be a brunch cruise at 10 a.m., early dinner cruise at 2:30 p.m. and dinner cruise at 7 p.m. The event also includes music and interactive games for the whole family. All mothers will receive a complementary flower gift. Tickets start at $59.90 for adults and $35.95 for children ages 3 to 12. Visit www.spiritcruises.com/philadelphia/cruises/holiday/mothers-day to purchase tickets.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.