Gloucester Township Police Department and Camden County Prosecutors Office to conduct a DWI sobriety checkpoint
The checkpoint will be conducted on Friday, May 26 to early Saturday, May 27 as part of New Jersey’s summer traffic safety campaign
On Friday, May 26th through early Saturday morning, May 27th, the Gloucester Township Police Department, in coordination with the Camden County Prosecutors Office, will be conducting a DWI Sobriety Checkpoint in Gloucester Township as part of New Jersey’s Summer traffic safety campaign.
Statistics provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration show that over 10,000 people die in alcohol-impaired crashes each year.
Gloucester Township Police recommends the following easy steps for a safe summer
• Remember that buzzed driving is drunk driving
• Before drinking, please designate a sober driver and leave your car keys at home;
• If you’re impaired, use a taxi, call a sober friend or family member, or use public transportation so you are
sure to get home safely;
• If you happen to see a drunk driver on the road, don’t hesitate to contact your local law enforcement;
• And remember, if you know someone who is about to drive or ride while impaired, take their keys and help
them make other arrangements to get to where they are going safely.
For more information, visit https://local.nixle.com/alert/5945975/?sub_id=670111