Kids can paint their favorite Disney characters at Pajamas, Pancakes and Painting.
Spring musicals are underway in South Jersey, but they aren’t the only forms of entertainment to enjoy this weekend. Check out what other events are taking place around the region.
Around South Jersey
- Enjoy breakfast and painting at the Croft Farm Arts Center on Saturday at “Pajamas, Pancakes and Painting.” The event takes place from 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. Children 6 to 12 can paint their favorite Disney characters, while family members of all ages can enjoy a tasty pancake breakfast. The cost of painting is $20 per child and the cost of breakfast is $5 per person. To purchase tickets, visit https://register.capturepoint.com/cherryhill.
- The final film in Temple Beth Sholom Hazak’s winter film series will take place on Sunday at 2 p.m. Hazak will screen “The Lady in Number 6” at Temple Beth Sholom, 1901 Kresson Road in Cherry Hill. The cost to attend is $10 at the door. Refreshments will be served. Call Thelma Hilibrand at (856) 795–3682 for more information.
- Lenape High School’s spring musical, “Annie,” will open on Friday night. Performances will take place at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday nights. There is also a 1 p.m. matinee on Saturday. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for students. Visit the musical’s webpage for more information.
- This weekend is also the final chance to catch Shawnee High School’s spring musical, “Sister Act.” Performances will take place on Friday and Saturday night at 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 and can be purchased at the door. For more information, visit www.lrhsd.org/shawnee.
At the Jersey Shore
- Boaters will coverage on Atlantic City this weekend for the Progressive Atlantic City Boat Show. The show will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday and 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sunday at the Atlantic City Convention Center. See hundreds of new boats and browse through an assortment of marine gear for sale. Tickets are $16 for adults. Children 15 and under are admitted for free. Visit www.acboatshow.com for more information.
- Enjoy shopping deals and drinks at Avalon’s Shop-A-Holics event. The three-day event wraps up on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Princeton Bar and Grill, 2008 Dune Drive, and The Whitebrier, 260 20th Street, in Avalon. Enjoy blowout sales for items such as clothes, shoes, accessories and home décor. There will also be cocktails available for purchase. Donations will be collected to support The Play with Jake Foundation. For more information, visit www.visitavalonnj.com/event/shop-holics.
- Sunday is scheduled to be opening day for Paddle Penn’s Landing at the Independence Seaport Museum. Paddle around the marina and enjoy the waterfront atmosphere in a safe and supervised environment. Rentals are available south of the Hilton Hotel. The museum is located at 211 South Columbus Boulevard in Philadelphia. Visit www.phillyseaport.org/paddle for more information.
- PHIT Comedy will perform a family-friendly improv show, “Finders Keepers,” on Saturday at 5 p.m. at the Adrienne Theatre Mainstage, 2030 Sansom Street, in Philadelphia. Joe Tuzzi instructs the cast, which includes instructors from the PHIT Comedy Kids and Teens program. The show allows families to enjoy live, improvised comedy. The show is appropriate for ages 10 and up. Tickets are $12 for adults and $6 for kids. Visit www.phitcomedy.com to purchase tickets or for more information.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.