Take advantage of the nice weather. Here’s what’s going on in and around Tabernacle
There are multiple polar bear plunge events taking place this weekend. But if you don’t want to do dive into freezing cold water, don’t worry! Check out what other events are taking place around the region this weekend.
- The Anime Club is meeting at the Pinelands Branch Library. Join the Pinelands Library Anime and Manga Society, a club that meets monthly to watch anime,read manga, have discussions onthe former and appreciate Japanese culture as a whole. This club is geared towards kids and teens. Registration is requested.
Around South Jersey
- Wine and shopping lovers will want to be in Haddonfield on Saturday for Haddonfield Uncorked. This fourth annual event will take place throughout downtown Haddonfield from 1 to 4 p.m., rain or shine. Visitors can enjoy wine tastings while shopping in Haddonfield’s many downtown stores. For a full list of participating shops and specials, visit http://www.downtownhaddonfield.com/events-entries/haddonfield-uncorked.
- In Bordentown, take a plunge in Liberty Lake at the Liberty Lake Foundation’s first ever Polar Bear Plunge on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event will include a plunge into the lake, DJ, fire, hot chocolate and refreshments. The cost is $25 per person. The entry free includes a t-shirt. Visit www.libertylakefoundation.org/polar-bear-plunge for more information.
At the Jersey Shore
- Another polar bear plunge will be taking place down the shore this weekend. Seaside Heights will host its plunge on Saturday at 1 p.m. in front of the Spicy Cantina. Registration will be open from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 63 Grant Avenue in Seaside Heights. The minimum registration fee is $25. All proceeds from the event go to Special Olympics New Jersey. Registration will be open on site prior to the plunge. For more information, visit www.plungeseaside.org.
- World Café Live will host its annual Beats, Brews and BBQ festival on Saturday. The event will take place starting at 1 p.m. at 3025 Walnut Street in Philadelphia. Attendees can sample more than 30 local and regional breweries. There will be live music at the event. The cost is $50 for general admission and $60 for VIP early admission at noon. The event is only for adults 21 years and older. For a list of participating breweries, visit www.worldcafelive.com/event/1390976-beats-brews-bbq-philadelphia.
- Go on a journey to Neverland with the Philadelphia School of Circus Arts this weekend. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the school will perform, “Neverland: Origins Youth Circus Soiree.” Travel through Neverland before Peter Pan and discover adventure, danger, acrobatics and what it means to be a pirate. Performances will take place at 7 p.m. on Friday, 3:30 and 7 p.m. on Saturday and 6 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets are $15 for adults and $10 for kids 4 to 17 years old. Kids 3 and under are admitted for free. For more information or to purchase tickets, visit http://phillycircus.com/performances.
To see more events taking place in Philadelphia this weekend, visit www.philadelphiaweekly.com.