Check here for a list of just some of the many ways to keep entertained this weekend.
There’s still time to enjoy plenty of the region’s many holiday events this weekend. From Santa Claus to craft sales, residents can get out and Do Something.
- Evesham Fire-Rescue’s “reindeer” are ready and waiting in the stables to carry Santa Claus throughout Evesham Township. On Saturday, Dec 17, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., Santa will be out and about through the town. Resident’s can track Santa through the provided website to see when he’s getting close: http://bit.ly/2gZ7SzW
Around South Jersey
- One of the largest living nativities in the area wraps up this weekend on Saturday, Dec. 17 and Sunday, Dec. 18 at Fellowship Community Church in Mt. Laurel. The church’s 25th annual live nativity event will run from 5 to 8 p.m. and will take visitors throughout 13 indoor and outdoor scenes. At the end of the walk visitors will be treated to homemade cookies and hot chocolate. The walkthrough event is free for the public to visit. For more information and directions, visit www.livingnativity.org.
- After debuting on Friday, Dec. 16, the South Jersey Ballet 25th Anniversary production of “The Nutcracker,” will continue on Saturday, Dec. 17, and Sunday, Dec. 18. The famous full length ballet and holiday season favorite will feature iconic music by Peter Ilyich Tchailkovsky and performances by children of all ages. Performances are set for Saturday, Dec. 17 at 1 and 4:30 p.m., and again on Sunday, Dec. 18 at 2:30 p.m. All performances will take place at Voorhees Middle School on Holly Oak Drive in Voorhees. To purchase tickets, call (856) 222–2849 or visit www.southjerseyballet.com.
At the Jersey Shore
- A Very Ocean City Christmas 2016 Holiday Spectacular will take place on Saturday, Dec. 17 at 2 p.m. The Ocean City POPS and the Ocean City Theatre Company will collaborate to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year. An enchanting cast of professional musicians, singers and dancers will present a high-energy, family-oriented, song and dance tribute to the holiday. Tickets: $20 for adults, $18 for seniors and $15 for kids 12 years and under. For tickets, visit www.ocnj.us/BoxOffice/
- Those who love to hate “Ugly Holiday Sweaters” are in luck. Runners can put on their favorite hated ugly sweater for head out for an Ugly Sweater 5K Run through Fairmount Park beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 17. After the run, participants can keep on running right over to the official after party at Smith’s Restaurant and Bar. At the party there be prizes for runners who are the best-dressed runners, have the best team outfits and more. For more information about the event and to learn how to sign up, visit the event’s Facebook page.
- Those who put off their holiday shopping are in luck. Sunday, Dec. 18 marks The Go West! Craft Fest, where more than 80 artists will pack The Rotunda in West Philly to present their wares. Shoppers can pack The Rotunda right along with them and pick out great items like soaps, candles, toys, jewelry, preserves and more all for those who still need gifts for their loved ones this season. The event lasts from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Rotunda, 4014 Walnut St.