The water mains are scheduled to be replaced by the end of December, with full street restoration completed next spring.
New Jersey American Water will install new water mains along five streets in Cherry Hill Township this November.
New Jersey American Water is investing about $2.5 million to replace water pipes dating back as far as the 1920s. The aging transite water lines will be replaced with ductile iron pipes.
In Cherry Hill, water mains will be replaced on the following streets:
· Maplebrook Court between North Brookfield Road to the end of the roadway
· Greenbrook Road between South Woodstock Drive to North Brookfield Road
· Pinebrook Road between South Woodstock Drive to North Valleybrook Road
· North Brookfield Road between Haddonfield-Berlin Road to South Brookfield Road
· Glenview Place between Haddonfield-Berlin Road to South Woodstock Drive
New Jersey American Water customers should experience increased water flows, as well as more reliable water service and fire protection, with the new mains.
Construction is scheduled for completion by the end of December. Final street restoration will be completed in the spring of 2017. New Jersey American Water advises pedestrians and drivers to take caution in the vicinity of the work sites.