Residents also have a chance to honor local veterans at a ceremony at Cooper River Park on Sunday
Cherry Hill residents can Walk with Wellness at Barclay Farmstead on Saturday or walk the Ben Franklin Bridge on Sunday. There will also be a ceremony honoring veterans in Camden County on Sunday. Find out what events are taking place across the region this weekend.
In Cherry Hill
- Anyone who has missed Cherry Hill Township’s Walk with Wellness events earlier this fall has another chance to join in on the fun this Saturday morning. Walk with Wellness will take place at 8:30 a.m. at Barclay Farmstead. Participants will be able to interact and learn about important health topics from a Kennedy Health professional. Following the talk, there will be a guided walk through the Barclay Farmstead trails. To pre-register, visit https://register.capturepoint.com/cherryhill
- New and expecting parents will want to be at the Katz JCC on Sunday for its annual Baby and Toddler Expo. The expo will take place from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and include a variety of educational and informative exhibits, a photo booth, hands-on activities for young children, parent and child fitness demos, snacks and more. For more information, visit www.katzjcc.org/btexpo.
Around South Jersey
· Residents can walk for a good cause on Sunday at the 2016 Cooper Norcross Run the Bridge event. Opening ceremonies will take place at Campbell’s Field in Camden at 8 a.m. Registration for the run is closed, but participants can sign up for a two-mile walk or the kids’ race on the day of the event. The walk will take place along the Ben Franklin Bridge, while the kids’ race will be at Campbell’s Field. Proceeds from this year’s event will go toward Larc School. For more information, visit https://runsignup.com/Race/NJ/Camden/CooperNorcrossRuntheBridgeEventpresentedbyAmeriHealthNJ.
· The Camden County Board of Freeholders and the Camden County Veterans Advisory Committee will be getting a head start on Veteran’s Day with its annual Veteran’s Day ceremony. The ceremony will take place on Sunday at 1 p.m. at Veteran’s Island, located on the North Park Drive side of Cooper River Park in Pennsauken. All are invited to attend and honor those who have served in the military. For more information, call (856) 374–5801 or visit http://www.camdencounty.com/events/veterans-day-2016.
At the Jersey Shore
· One of the East Coat’s longest running tattoo conventions is back in Atlantic City this weekend. The Atlantic City Tattoo Expo is taking place through Sunday at Bally’s Atlantic City. The event will showcase some of the country’s most well known tattoo artists and a few local favorites. Tickets are $20 per day or $35 for a two-day pass. Children 12 and under are admitted for free. For more information, visit www.actattooexpo.com.
· Bacon and beer lovers will converge on the 23rd Street Armory this weekend at the 2016 Philadelphia Bacon and Beer Festival. The event will take place on Sunday from 2:30 to 5 p.m. Local restaurants will offer a variety of creative bacon-based dishes. Guests can also try out some of the best beer from area craft breweries. A regular ticket is $50. To purchase tickets, visit https://nightout.com/events/philadelphia-bacon-and-beer-festival/tickets?a=fb-41#.WBnzuoVHP1w. For more information, visit the event’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/events/1151046481650297.