Garden State Discovery Museum and Springdale Farms are teaming up to host Pumpkin Palooza this weekend in Cherry Hill.
Cherry Hill residents can get into the fall spirit at Garden State Discovery Museum and Springdale Farms this weekend, while a number of festivals are scheduled to take place down the Jersey Shore and in Philadelphia this weekend. Check out some of the events scheduled around this region this weekend:
In Cherry Hill
· Garden State Discovery Museum and Springdale Farms are teaming up for Pumpkin Palooza on Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. There will be activities at both locations. At the museum, pony rides, a moon bounce and fall crafts. At Springdale Farms, enjoy hayrides, a corn maze and pumpkin picking. An all-day pass is available at either location for $20. Visit www.discoverymuseum.com for more information.
Around South Jersey
· The 14th annual Collingswood Book Festival is taking place on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. along six blocks of Haddon Avenue. The street will be full of authors and speakers for children and adults. There will also be booksellers, storytellers, poetry readings, workshops, exhibitors, activities and entertainment for all ages. The book festival will be held at the Collingswood High School-Middle School complex in case of rain. All of the events are free. For more information, visit www.collingswoodbookfestival.com
· The borough of Lindenwold will host its annual Lindenwold Day event on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Carlton Rouh Ballfield on Egg Harbor Road. The event will include rides, live entertainment, games, crafts, food and giveaways. The rain date in Sunday. Visit www.lindenwoldnj.gov for more information.
At the Jersey Shore
· All things Italy will be celebrated at An Olde Time Italian Festival at Fox Park in Wildwood on Saturday from noon to midnight. This family festival will include crafts, games, Italian food and live entertainment. For more information and a full entertainment schedule, visit the Sons of Italy Wildwood website at www.sonsofitalywildwood.org.
· Sea Isle City will host Harborfest on Saturday at Marina Park, located at 42nd Street and the bay. The event will take place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. and include a clam eating contest, seafood chowder contest, vendors, music and games for all ages. There will also be plenty of delicious seafood to eat. For more information, visit www.seaislechamber.com/events/Harborfest.aspx.
· On Sunday, hundreds will walk for a good cause in Ocean City at the John R. Elliott HERO Walk. The walk will begin at 11 a.m. at the Ocean City Civic Center, located at Sixth Avenue and the boardwalk in Ocean City. The cost for walk-up walkers is $30 for adults and $20 for students. Proceeds will benefit the HERO Campaign for Designated Drivers, an organization seeking to end drunk driving through the use of safe and sober designated drivers. For more information, visit www.herocampaign.org
· One of Philadelphia’s largest outdoor events will take place on Saturday. The Midtown Village Fall Festival will take place along 13th street from Market to Locust streets throughout the day on Saturday. There will four stages for entertainment, food from more than 15 area restaurants and a slew of vendors, crafters and artists. Visit www.midtownvillagephilly.org for more information.
· The Go West! Fall Craft Fest will take place at The Woodlands in West Philadelphia on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. This bi-annual gathering of Western Philadelphia best artisans and craftspeople will allow shoppers to browse through clothing, jewelry, housewares and more. There will be dozens of vendors, live entertainment, crafts for kids and more. The rain date is Sunday. Visit www.gowestcraftfest.wixsite.com for more information.