The Benjamin Franklin Parkway will also be the location of the fifth annual Budweiser Made in America Festival this weekend.
Labor Day weekend is here and with it comes a bunch of 5K runs, some end of summer festivals and the Made in America concert in Philadelphia. Check out this full list of events taking place around the area this holiday weekend.
Around South Jersey
- St. Charles Borromeo School in Cinnaminson will get everyone ready for the new school year with the 2016 Rock ’n’ Roll Run Back to School. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. at the school, located at 2500 Branch Pike in Cinnaminson. There will be a 5K run and walk, a Tots Dash and a one mile Fun Run. Awards will be granted to top finishers and teams. There will also be music, food and family entertainment. The 5K run and walk costs $20, the one mile fun run and walk is $15 per person and the Tots Dash is $10 per person. Visit www.runbacktoschool.com for more information.
- Haddon Glen Swim Club in Haddon Heights will be hosting a Splash-N-Dash on Monday beginning at 8 a.m. at 1701 Walnut Avenue. Kids ages 6 to 14 will get to swim laps in the pool and run laps around the perimeter of the soccer field. The cost is $35 per person plus a $3 sign up fee. Participants must register by Sunday. To register, visit www.runsignup.com/Race/Events/NJ/HaddonHeights/SeahorseKidsSplashNDash.
- In Medford, run for a good cause in the Labor Day 5K Race to Stamp Out Hunger. The run begins at 8:30 a.m. at Freedom Park, 86 Union Street, in Medford. The event includes a 5K race and one mile run, with proceeds going toward ShopRite Partners in Caring. The cost for the 5K race is $25 per person and the one mile run is $10. To register, visit www.runsignup.com/Race/NJ/Medford/ShopRitesPartnersInCaring5kRacetoStampOutHunger.
At the Jersey Shore
- Wildwood will wrap up the summer season with a block party and music festival at Fox Park on Ocean Avenue. The event will take place Sunday from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. and includes crafts, games, rides, food and live entertainment. The event is free. Visit www.wildwoodnj.org/wp for more information.
- Ocean City will host its annual Labor Day Race on Monday. The event will begin at the 23rd Street Beach at 9 a.m. There will be a five mile race at the shore followed by a one mile fun run and walk afterward. The cost is $25 the day of the race. Visit www.ocnj.us/Race-Events for more information.
- At Cape May Airport, enjoy the sight of dozens of aircraft at the NASW Aviation Museum’s 20th annual Airfest. The festival will take place the entire Labor Day weekend through Monday and includes 26 historic aircraft, exhibits, live music, food trucks, a beer garden and activities for kids. Tickets are $14 for adults and $10 for children. Tickets include a walkthrough tour of the World War II bombers on display. For more information and a full schedule, visit www.usnasw.org/?page_id=52.
- In West Cape May, celebrate all things tomatoes at the West Cape May Tomato Festival in Wilbraham Park on Perry Street. The event takes place on Saturday beginning at 9 a.m. Proceeds from the event benefit the WCM Shade Tree Commission. Visit www.capemay.com/eventcalendar/index.php?eID=16962 for more information.
- The Ben Franklin Parkway will be rocking this weekend for the fifth annual Budweiser Made in America Festival. The event will take place on Saturday and Sunday. Dozens of performers will perform on multiple stages. Rihanna and Coldplay are headlining this year’s festival. To purchase tickets, visit www.madeinamericafest.com/16/#/tickets.
- Families will have one last chance to go roller skating this weekend at Penn’s Landing. Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest will be open for its final weekend over the next few days. The rink is open from 11 a.m. to 1 a.m. Saturday and until 11 p.m. Sunday and Monday. Skating is $3 without the skate rental or $13 with skate rental. Other activities at Summerfest are free. Visit www.delawareriverwaterfront.com/places/blue-cross-riverrink-summerfest for more information.