Also this weekend, enjoy a celebration of Indian culture Saturday and Caribbean culture Sunday in Philadelphia.
Families can get ready for the new school year in Cherry Hill this weekend, while there is no shortage of festival in other South Jersey and Jersey Shore towns. Discover something that interests you in this week’s Do Something:
In Cherry Hill
· The first day of the 2016–17 school year is only a few weeks away. To get everyone ready for the new school year, the Cherry Hill Mall is holding a Back to School Pep Rally on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Celebrate the start of the school year with the help of local cheerleaders, bands and sports teams as they showcase their talents. There will also be music and crafts. The first 50 people to attend will receive a $10 PREIT Malls’ Reward Card. All of the activities will be in the mall’s Grand Court. For more information, visit www.cherryhillmall.com/calendar/event/21908-back-to-school-pep-rally-august-20th-10am-2pm.
· The Rutgers Master Gardeners of Camden County are holding their monthly plant clinic on Saturday. The clinic will take place at the Camden County Parks Environmental Center in Cherry Hill from 9 a.m. to noon. Attendees can get all of their gardening questions answers and can get a plant identified. For more information, contact the Master Gardeners office at (856) 216–7130 or email@example.com.
Around South Jersey
- Downtown Collingswood will come alive this weekend for the 11th annual Collingswood Crafts and Fine Art Festival. More than 175 juried crafters and fine artists will appear at the event. There will also be dozens of food options, live music and family activities. The event will be held Saturday and Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., rain or shine. Visit www.collingswoodcraftsandfineartfestival.com for more information.
- Antique fire trucks from across the Mid-Atlantic will converge on Millville this weekend for the Glasstown Antique Fire Brigade Muster and Fire Fighter’s Family Day. The event takes place on Sunday at WheatonArts, 1000 Village Drive in Millville, from 10 a.m. to 4p .m. More than 80 antique fire trucks will be on display. The event includes a firefighter competition, water barrel fight, bucket brigade and other demonstrations. The event is free. Visit www.wheatonarts.org for more information.
At the Jersey Shore
- Beer and music lovers will want to travel to Manahawkin on Saturday for the Manahopkin craft beer and music festival. The event will take place at Manahawkin Lake Park from 1 to 7 p.m. Craft beer, local bands, food and craft vendors will be at the event. The event is open to the public and non-drinkers will be not be charged admission. Those wishing to taste beer will have to purchase tickets. Tickets can be purchased at www.manahopkin.com.
- On Saturday, the Council of Indian Organizations in Greater Philadelphia will present Festival of India from 1 to 6 p.m. at the Great Plaza, Penn’s Landing on Columbus Boulevard. Enjoy authentic Indian dance, music, cuisine and experience glimpses of Indian culture and heritage. Admission is free. Visit www.indiacouncil.org/festival-of-india for more information.
- Also at the Great Plaza this weekend is the 30th annual Philadelphia Caribbean Festival. This event will take place on Sunday for noon and 8 p.m. There will be authentic Caribbean music, a marketplace of Caribbean clothing, souvenirs and crafts and activities for all ages. Various Caribbean foods will be available for purchase. Visit www.phillycaribbeanfestival.com for more information.