Water main replacement began on four different streets this week. Two more streets will have their water main replacement projects begin next week.
Water main replacement projects are currently underway in Cherry Hill Township, according to New Jersey American Water.
NJAW is replacing nearly century-old six-inch water pipes with new ductile iron water mains. The approximately $1.2 million project began this month and is expected to be completed at the end of September.
During the week of Aug. 8, work began on the following streets:
· Sixth Avenue between Burnt Mill Road and Palmwood Avenue
· Hurff Avenue between Burnt Mill Road and Carolina Avenue
· Philmar Avenue and Palmwood Avenue, between Sixth Avenue and Third Avenue and from Hurff Avenue to the end of the roadways.
Similar work is scheduled to begin on two other Cherry Hill Township roads next week. Those roads include:
· Winesap Road between Haddonfield-Berlin Road and Ocean Avenue
· Winesap Road between Delicious Way and Ocean Avenue
· Baldwin Road between McIntosh Road and Winesap Road.
New Jersey American Water says customers should experience increase water flow and more reliable water service and fire protection. Cherry Hill Township will complete final street restoration once the mains are installed. Drivers and pedestrians are asked to take caution around the work sites.