The Haddonfield Crafts and Fine Arts Festival and South Jersey Caribbean Festival are both taking place this weekend.
Hot weather shouldn’t deter residents from getting out and enjoying community events this weekend. There are plenty of events to do both in Cherry Hill and the surrounding area. Check out some of the events taking place this weekend:
In Cherry Hill
- Yoga in the Park — Those looking for an outdoor activity but wanting to avoid the heat can check out Yoga in the Park at Croft Farm in Cherry Hill. This beginner yoga class begins at 8 a.m. and is free for Cherry Hill residents. Learn more information about the event at www.cherryhill-nj.com.
Around South Jersey
- The 24th annual Haddonfield Crafts and Fine Arts Festival will take over Haddonfield’s downtown this weekend. The festival will be open on Saturday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. on Kings Highway and Tanner Street. More than 260 vendors will be present at this year’s event. There will also be numerous activities for kids. For more information, visit www.downtownhaddonfield.com.
- The 15th annual South Jersey Caribbean Festival is scheduled for Saturday from noon to 8 p.m. at Wiggins Park along the Camden Waterfront. This festival is open to the public and includes music, entertainment and plenty of food. For more information on the festival, visit www.sjcaribbean.org
- There are still a few chances to catch Fourth of July fireworks this weekend. A few local towns postponed their fireworks from last weekend to July 9. Vineland will have fireworks on Saturday at Vineland High School starting at 9 p.m. In Southampton, fireworks are set for Saturday at the Red Lion Memorial Ballfield on Red Lion Road at 9 p.m.
At the Jersey Shore
- Barbecue lovers will want to head to North Wildwood this weekend for the New Jersey State BBQ Championships. The festival starts on Friday and runs through Sunday. The event features cook competitions, demonstrations, entertainment, food and drink vendors and more. For a full schedule of this weekend’s event, visit www.njbbq.com.
- Down in Wildwood Crest, visitors can enjoy the best of sand castle making at the Wildwood Crest Sand Sculpting Festival. This free event takes place from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Wildwood Crest Beach Pier. The contest is open to anyone who wants to try their hand in sand sculpting. There will also music, beach games and more. Call (609) 523–0202 for more information.
- There will be a few Fourth of July fireworks taking place down the Shore this weekend. Wildwood will have its fireworks on Saturday at 10 p.m. along the beach near Pine Avenue. Margate will also have its re-scheduled Fourth of July fireworks display on Saturday. The fireworks will begin at 9 p.m. on the Huntington Avenue beach.
Penn’s Landing will be the host of the Hispanic Fiesta on Saturday and Sunday. Held at the Penn’s Landing Great Plaza, the festival includes music, entertainment, food, crafts and more. The event will take place from 2 to 8 p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday. Visit www.elconcilio.net/blog/events/35th-annual-hispanic-fiesta for more information.