Free fireworks displays abound in South Jersey, and Haddonfield is no exception. For Haddonfield’s Independence Day Celebration, “Celebrating our independence” is this year’s theme.
Haddonfield’s Independence Day celebration kicks off with fireworks on Friday, July 3 at the Haddonfield Memorial High School field, 401 Kings Highway East. Gates open at 7 p.m. and fireworks start at dusk, approximately 9:30 p.m. There is no charge for admission, but donations will be accepted at the gates.
Entertainment by the “Shore Thing” begins at 7:30 p.m. Refreshments will be available at the Lions Club tent in the end zone. Hot dogs, pretzels and cold drinks will be sold. Mr. Softee will also be available.
Only street parking is available. Due to the installation of the turf field, blanks only are allowed, no chairs. No pets are allowed. The rain date is Sunday, July 5.
Haddonfield will also celebrate Independence Day itself with a parade and a reading of the Declaration of Independence by Indian King Tavern.
The parade steps off at 10 a.m. on Kings Highway at Chestnut Street. Registration on Saturday, July 4 is available from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Assembly information can be obtained at the registration table at the rear of the Presbyterian Church driveway, 20 Kings Highway East.
Free cold drinks will be available on the front lawn of the high school courtesy of the Lions Club. Hot dogs and pretzels will be available for purchase. There is no rain date for the parade.
The reading of the Declaration of Independence will be place at 9:30 a.m. at the Indian King Tavern, 233 Kings Highway. The historic site will be open to the public after the community parade, until 3 p.m. Members of the 2nd Pennsylvania Regiment of the Continental Line will be available to speak informally with the public about the life of a Revolutionary War soldier.
Information regarding these events can also be found on www.haddonfieldcelebrations.org.
See below for a list of more free fireworks displays throughout the region.
Thursday, July 2
• Medford: Free Independence Day celebration and fireworks display at Freedom Park. Park opens at 6 p.m. with music and activities. Fireworks will begin at dusk. Rain date is July 3.
Friday, July 3
• Barrington: Barrington Band performs free concert at 7 p.m. at Woodland School, School Lane. Fireworks will go off at approximately 9:30 p.m.
• Valenzano Fireworks Festival: From 5 to 9 p.m. at Valenzano Winery, Shamong. Live music and entertainment. Tickets — $10 for adults, $5 for children — must be purchased at the gate. Rain date is Sept. 18.
Saturday, July 4
• Audubon: Free concert and ceremony at 7:30 p.m. at Audubon High School, 350 Edgewood Ave. Fireworks close the evening at dusk.
• Collingswood: Free admission as Party Wave Band entertains at the high school stadium, 424 Collings Ave. Gates open at 6:30 p.m. Show begins at 8 p.m. Fireworks at approximately 9:15 p.m.
• Camden Waterfront Independence Day Festival: Fireworks follow a day of free patriotic family fun and live music. Free parking. Fireworks over the Delaware River begin at 9:30 p.m.
• Evesham: Free event. Gates open at 7 p.m. at Cherokee High School, 120 Tomlinson Mill Road. Fireworks begin at 9:30 p.m.
• Philly 4th of July Jam & Grand Finale Fireworks: A free concert on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway featuring The Roots and more. Fireworks follow the music and begin around 10:30 p.m.