Burlington County Sheriff Jean E. Stanfield’s 19th annual Toy Drive is officially underway. Residents and businesses can donate toys for children of families in need at drop-off location throughout the county.
The collection will continue until Dec. 19, when Sheriff’s officers will gather up the bins, and return them to the county complex. The toys will then get a safety check before being distributed to families with the help of the Burlington County Human Services Department.
“We always receive a wonderful response to the toy drive each year,” Stanfield said. “The holiday season brings out the best of people in Burlington County and it enables us all to put a smile on the face of a child who might otherwise go without.”
Last year, the department collected approximately 1,000 toys. The sheriff said she is optimistic that it will exceed that number this holiday season.
Drop-off locations in Mt. Laurel include:
- Altegra, 1000 Atrium Way, Mt. Laurel
- Holiday Village, Union Mill Road, Mt. Laurel
- Mt. Laurel Senior Center, Walt Whitman Blvd
- Mt. Laurel Twp. Police Department, 100 Mt. Laurel Road
- Summit Apartment Complex, 901 Bradley Court, Mt. Laurel
- Wee-Kids Learning Center, 1299 Route 38 & Mt. Laurel Road, Mt. Laurel