Fire at Haddonfield’s Rhoads Avenue

Haddon Fire Co No 1 responded, to a reported dwelling fire at 232 Rhoads Avenue at approximately 2:07 p.m. on Wednesday, April. 4. The home was unoccupied at the time of the call. Upon arrival, firefighters found a fire in an enclosed attached screened porch at the rear of the dwelling.

Firefighters from Haddonfield were able to completely extinguish the fire by utilizing their compressed air foam (CAFS) extinguishing system.

Cherry Hill Fire Department assisted with checking for fire extension to the upper floors of the home and helped ventilate smoke from the dwelling, utilizing smoke ejector fans.

The porch was significantly damaged and there was also minor damage to the interior of the home.

The fire report will be prepared by the local Haddonfield Fire Officials office.