An ongoing $18 million project in Moorestown and Maple Shade will reach a new stage when work starts on reconstructing the Main Street/CR 537 Bridge over Route 73 tomorrow.
The Main Street bridge will be closed to traffic starting 7 a.m. today and remain closed until August 2011.
Main Street motorist detours include:
- CR 537 (Camden Avenue) westbound motorists will be directed to South Lenola Road to Route 41 (Kings Highway) to Route 38 westbound to West Mill Road to South Fork Landing Road and returning to CR 537 (Main Street).
- CR 537 (Main Street) eastbound motorists will be directed to South Fellowship Road to Route 73 southbound to Route 38 westbound to Route 41 (Kings Highway) northbound to CR 537 (Camden Avenue).
- Route 73 northbound motorists heading to CR 537 (Main Street) westbound will be directed to Fox Meadow Drive to cross Route 73 to Fellowship Road to CR 537 (Main Street).
- Route 73 southbound to CR 537 (Camden Avenue) eastbound — Motorists will continue on Route 73 southbound to Route 38 westbound to Route 41 northbound (Kings Highway) to South Lenola Road to CR 537 (Camden Avenue).
The Main Street/Camden Avenue ramps to Route 73 northbound and southbound will currently remain open until bridge demolition begins.
The bridge demolition will begin on Monday, March 21. Route 73 will be closed in both directions from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m and the closure will last for four to six evenings.
Route 73 motorist detours include:
- Route 73 northbound motorists will be detoured to Fox Meadow Drive to Fellowship Road to East Front Street to Stiles Avenue to Route 73.
- Route 73 southbound motorists will be detoured to Stiles Avenue to East Front Street to Fellowship Road to Route 73.
- The bridge deck work is part of an $18 million project to increase safety and reduce congestion throughout this stretch of Route 73. NJDOT is constructing an additional travel lane in each direction from south of Fellowship Road/Fox Meadow Drive to East Main Street/Camden Avenue (CR-537) and realigning and widening the Route 73 and Fellowship Road/Fox Meadow Drive interchange to provide new dedicated turning lanes. The drainage system will be upgraded and new traffic signals will be installed at the Main Street/Camden Avenue exit ramps as well.
The state-funded project is anticipated for completion in spring 2012.
Variable message signs are in place to notify motorists of the upcoming closure. NJDOT provides emergency roadway information, construction schedule updates and real time traffic information and images at www.nj511.info.